- A greater awareness of the dangers of fire and smoke
- The ability to identify individual classes of fire and select an appropriate extinguisher
- The ability to recognise potential fire hazards and the appropriate actions to rectify them
- An understanding of the importance of regular fire drills and recognition of fire service best practice
- An understanding of the various methods of evacuation and accounting and determine the best method for their workplace
Fire Marshal Competent Person
This one-day course is for employees nominated as fire marshals or fire wardens in their workplace. The course covers both emergency and non-emergency issues of this vital role and equips attendees with an appropriate level of understanding to perform the role safely in their workplace. This is suitable for nominated competent persons who have the responsibility for implementing the company fire evacuation procedure. It is also suitable for persons who have a direct responsibility for developing or improving existing evacuation procedures to maintain effectiveness in a changing work environment.